Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reinstall Prop and Cowling

Today I finished reinstalling the propeller and reinstalled the engine cowling.  I started by installing prop blades and adjustment fixture and the front half of the hub.  At that point I realized the tape was still on the prop blades.

I attempted to remove the tape but was not very successful.  I realized as I removed the tape it also removed the paper label on the backside if each blade.  I removed he front spinner support and the forward hub half and the blades.  I removed the rest of the tape and the paper labels and reinstalled the blades one more time.  I also reinstalled the spinner.
I installed the cowling.  It is a real challenge to get the oil cooler hooked onto the lower cowling.  If it is not in just the right position it will not engage the guide cones.  I finally got it engaged correctly and installed the lower cowling.  The upper cowling was next.  It all seems to fit together pretty well.  I also plugged in the battery charger.  I am planning to do the control module adjustments in the next few days and the battery needs to be fully charged.
I also put together the fuel line modification.  I assembled the parts to install a quick drain under the fuel tank.  After the air worthiness certificate has been issued I will install this with a modified access cover.