Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cooling Duct

This afternoon I sanded the previously lay-up fiberglass areas on the cooling duct.  I also sanded the end of the duct where the interface attaches along with the inside face of the interface.  I mixed some epoxy with flox and installed the cooler interface to the end of the cooling duct.  I clecoed the interface in place and then used the epoxy flox mixture to fill some voids where the cooler box mounting face was reinstalled on the cooling duct.
I cut some fiberglass strips and mixed another batch of epoxy resin.  I saturated the strips between pieces of plastic sheeting and then laid them up on the inside of the cooling duct.  I brushed some additional resin on the fiberglass and laid up some peal-ply over the previously applied fiberglass strips.  I will take the duct home to cure inside the house this evening.