Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Oil Cooler and Cowl Duct

Today I prepped the parts for the oil cooler box assembly.  I used the countersink to prep the holes in the oil cooler face plate and the dimple dies to prep the oil spacers and the oil cooler frame.  I then riveted the pieces together.  I took them home to prime and paint the parts before installing the oil cooler.
I started working on trimming the cowling duct and the duct interface.  I used my Dremel tool to cut the fiberglass to the scribe lines and then sanded them to finish.
I drilled and installed clecoes to hold the duct in place.  I trimmed and clecoed the duct interface in place.  It took several time of removing and reinstalling the lower cowl to get everything to fit properly.  
I finished the day by putting tape over the fittings on the oil tank to prevent anything from getting inside.