Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rudder Pedal Support Channels and Wing Tips

 
 
This morning I used the countersink bits (#30 & #40) to countersink the holes in the rudder support channels lining up with the dimpled holes in the firewall shelf.  I riveted the 4-nutplates to the shelf as called out in the instructions.
 
 
I then primed the channels and clecoed them to the firewall shelf.  I riveted the support channels with the corresponding nutplates to the firewall shelf and clecoed the shelf to the firewall bottom.
I then clecoed the wing tip nav/strobe light fairings to the wing tips.  I applied electrical tape around the lower edges of the fairings in preparation for installing them to the wing tips with Pro-Seal.   I will be mixing a very small batch of Pro-Seal to seal the joint between the lower firewall and the firewall shelf.  I will use that batch of Pro-Seal to attach the wing tip fairings.