Friday, November 5, 2010

RT-60 Fuel Flow Mount and Gascolator Bracket

 This morning I installed the nutplates on the RT-60 fuel flow monitor mount.  I then clecoed the bracket to the forward fuselage floor and final drilled the #30 holes into the bracket.  I then riveted the bracket to the floor.  Next I fabricated the gascolater mount bracket.  
I cut the 3/4x3/4 angle to the proper length, cut the angles into the forward leg and drilled the #30 holes in the rib attachment leg.  I held the bracket in place with a section of 2x2 clamped to the rib.  I match drilled the #40 holes from the lower firewall through the tapered leg of the bracket.  I then used the countersink to countersink the holes in the bracket to fit over the dimpled holes in the lower fuselage panel.  I clecoed the bracket in place and match drilled the #30 holes into the rib.  
 
I removed the bracket, deburred all of the holes and prepped and primed the bracket.  I mounted the bracket with a nutplate to the lower firewall and tunnel rib.  I then dimpled and riveted the other gascolator nutplate to the firewall on the other side of the tunnel rib.
I mixed up a small batch of Proseal and applied a thin layer to the top of the lower firewall flange.  I then riveted the firewall shelf to the firewall bottom and the tunnel ribs.
 
After that I put a small bead of Proseal on the bottom flange of the nav/strobe light fairings and riveted them in place.  I used a pop sickle stick pointed to a 1/16" radius to smooth the Proseal at the edge of the  fiberglass fairings.