Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Forward Fuselage Assembly

Today I had to start off correcting a mistake I made yesterday.  I riveted 16 nutplates to the forward fuselage floor.  I was not supposed to do that.  I had to use a small pair of vice grips to hold the flush pulled rivets so I could drill them out.  All went fairly well and I was able to remove the nutplates and install the ribs to the forward floor.
 
I then riveted the nutplates to the floor and rib flanges as I was supposed to in the first place.
I clecoed, final drilled and riveted the engine mount brackets to the tunnel ribs.
 
I clecoed the lower firewall to the ribs and floor and then riveted them together.  I also installed the nut plates at the bottom of the firewall and the floor attachment.
 
I prepped the cowling attachment clips and spacers for the lower fuselage.  I attached the  plates to the lower fuselage and riveted the nutplates in place.
 
I separated the rudder pedal back-up plates and deburred the edges.  I need to countersink the nutplate attachment holes and rivet them in place.