Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Left Fuselage Side Skin

This morning I riveted the left side skin to the fuselage.  I was a pretty quick process.  The only part of the skin I didn't rivet (except for the blue taped areas which are riveted in a later step) is the patch at the left wing spar cutout.  I am going to use some RTV Silicone to help secure the patch.
This afternoon I started to work on the air vents which are installed on the sides of the fuselage.  I separated the parts on the band saw, removed the blue film and deburred the edges.  I clecoed the parts together.  I final drilled the #40 holes in the vent door and brackets and countersunk the door for flush rivets.
I will prep and prime the vent doors and the inside doublers and brackets.  I am planning to paint the inside surfaces of the vents with a finish paint.  I am waiting for a color selection chart to arrive from Flight Line Interiors.  I have asked for a color chart so I can decide the colors of the upholstery, carpet and side panels.