Monday, November 8, 2010

Attach Forward Fuselage

 
This morning I attached the forward fuselage section to the fuselage at the step.  I turned the fuselage and forward fuselage over and clecoed them together.
 
I installed the rivets in the bottom skins and corner skins.  Everything went together very well.
 
I turned the fuselage upright on the work table and riveted the tunnel ribs and the floor ribs to the
Step bulkhead.
 
After installing the rivets I decided to temporarily attach one of the steps to see how things fit.  I attached the step and all fit perfectly.  This is an incredibly well done kit.
 
 
 
The lower fuselage is now complete and next I will begin working on the longerons and the side skins.  
 
This afternoon I started to work on the longerons.  I started by laying out all of the dimensions and cutting them to the proper length.  I also tapered the last 6" and deburred the ends.

I will bring a small sledge hammer to work tomorrow and see if it will help me to open the angle of the longerons as required.