Saturday, March 27, 2010

Progress Inspections

This past week I exchanged emails with Danny Sorensen, a Technical Counselor with the local EAA Chapter (Chapter 23). I asked Danny if there are any inspections required during the build process and if a Technical Counselor is authorized to make any such inspections. Danny responded to me and let me know there should be at least 3-inspections during the build and that a Technical Counselor is indeed authorized to make the inspections. When the airplane is complete it will need to be inspected and certified airworthy by an FAA DAR (Designated Airworthiness Representative). I told Danny I would like to meet with him at the next chapter meeting and arrange for him to come to my shop and see my progress. At that time we can work out an inspection sequence and schedule. I would hate to complete this build and learn I had not followed proper protocol.