Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stabilaotr Skins



I pulled the rivets on the top and bottom skins of the stabilator. I also clecoed and drilled the splice plate at the rear of the stabilator flanges. This plate will be installed inside of the flanges.


Next I installed the left and right hinges to the rear of the stabilator.

The hinges were clecoed and then riveted to the stabilator. The splice plate is installed inside of the rear edge if the stabilator.

I then installed the small rear ribs on each end of the stabilator. I separated the skins for the ends of the stabilator and compressed the fold on the shop break until they laid flat against the main skins.

I then clecoed the small skins to the rear edge of the stabilator and matched drilled the #30 holes into the ribs. I removed the skins, deburred the holes and then riveted the rear corner skins to the stabilator.


The last thing I did today was install the stabilator control horns and put the stabilator assembly in the wing rack.