Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Counterbalance Brackets and Arm



Today I final drilled the holes in the WD-1222 counterbalance brackets. I then clecoed the brackets to the spar box assembly. I rotated them 90 degrees as instructed. I inserted the counterbalance arm into the counterbalance brackets and clamped it into place. I then match drilled the #30 holes in the brackets into the counterbalance arm. I assured that the arm was correctly installed and lined up properly before drilling the holes. I final drill the #12 holes into the brackets and arm. I then rotated the brackets and arm and clecoed them in place. I then marked the brackets and arm and the spar box so I can install them correctly for the final assembly of these components.

I also riveted the K1000-4 platenuts to the HS-1213B outboard hinge brackets. I have discovered if I mount the squeezer in the vise it makes riveting these small parts a much simpler project.