Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Prime Canopy Frame and Remove Turtle Deck

Today Arlene and I celebrate 43 years of marriage.  In so many ways that seems like a long time.  In so many other ways it seems like we were married just yesterday.  We are going out to dinner when she comes home from having her hair cut.   
 
 
 
This evening I primed the canopy frame.  I wiped it down with MEK and then shot on some primer.  I also primed the canopy lift handles.  After priming the frame I hung it up in the garage.
As I have been working on the cockpit area I have noticed that the paint has been compromised in a few places.  It has become scratched on top of the longerons and on the canopy roll bar.  I removed the turtle deck and rear window so I can do some touch-up of these areas.  I will mask off the rest of the interior and work on the longerons and roll bar to see if I can make them look good again.  I also need to turn some attention to the seat backs.