Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Roll Bar and Baggage Bulkhead Assembly

 
 
Today I prepared parts for the assembly of the roll bar and the baggage bulkheads.  I deburred, dimpled, countersunk, and scuffed with a Scotch Brite pad.
I primed the components prepped earlier for primer.  I began to prep the roll bar for paint by masking the cockpit lighting wires.  I also sanded the outer edge of the roll bar to make certain the heads of the flush rivets do not interfere with the rear window and bubble canopy.  I will need to scuff the roll bar with a Scotch Brite pad before priming.
 
 
 
This afternoon I prepped the roll bar with a Scotch Brite pad and then primed it. I then installed and riveted it to the fuselage frame.
 
Then, just for the fun of it I clecoed the upper firewall, instrument shelf and the instrument panels in place and took a few pictures.  It is beginning to look more and more like a real airplane.  I removed the forward components and next I will install the baggage bulkhead and the roll bar brace components.