Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Antenna Shelf & Upper Firewall

 
I finished riveting the nutplates to the antenna shelf.  I then riveted the antenna shelf to the upper firewall.  This is the shelf where the GPS and XM antennas are mounted.  The shelf extends out so the antennas are under the fiberglass cowl and not shielded by the aluminum skin.
After riveting the antenna shelf I prepped and primed the battery and oil tank brackets.  They will be finish painted and then assembled and mounted to the firewall.
 
 
This afternoon I mixed up some tank sealer (ProSeal) and put a thin layer on the bottom flange of the upper firewall and clecoed it in place.  I then riveted the upper firewall to the lower firewall.  I also sealed all of the rivets in the firewalls with tank sealer.  What an ugly mess.