Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pressure Tested Fuel System

 
 
The parts I ordered from Van's arrived yesterday so this morning I went to Home Depot and purchased the fittings and tubing to close-off the fuel system.  I connected a piece of tubing between the fuel supply and return lines at the tank connection location.  I installed the pressure gauge on the return line fitting at the firewall shelf and installed the cap fitting on the gascolator.  I used a tire pressure fitting to put air into the system.  It took an hour to lose pressure from 27 psi to 3 psi.  Not good.  I will need to do a soap bubble test on each of the fittings to see if I can determine where it is leaking.  I guess that will have to wait until I am back from our trip to Gilbert for Christmas. 

 
The last thing I did today was drill, deburr and rivet the mid firewall cowl hinges on each side of the firewall shelf.