Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Brake Lines

Last evening I took the brake lines home and finished their assembly.  I partially pushed the small brass tube into the end of each plastic tube.  I then placed the end of the tube in boiling water for a few seconds to soften the plastic, and then by pushing on a solid surface I forced the brass tube all of the way into the plastic tube.  The fittings are now ready to be installed.
 
 
I installed the long plastic brake lines in the fuselage and attached them to the side of the tunnel with an Adel clamp.  I also attached the short sections of brake lines to the master cylinders.  I also put a zip tie around the mounting blocks to hold the blocks together until they are installed permanently in the fuselage.
After installing the brake lines I rounded up the parts to begin working on the gas shut-off valve.