Friday, December 3, 2010

Rivet Tailcone to Fuselage – Clecoed Turtle Deck & Rear Window

 
 
 
This morning I riveted the tailcone to the fuselage.  I rolled the fuselage on to the left side and riveted the bottom skins.  After riveting the bottom skins I clecoed in the right rear fuselage corner skin and riveted it in place.  I rolled the fuselage upright and riveted the side skins.
 
I rolled the fuselage onto the right side and repeated the process of installing and riveting the rear corner fuselage skin and then I completed the sides.  I also installed and riveted the safety belt harness lugs in the upper corners of the fuselage and baggage bulkhead assembly.
 
I moved the work table back to the original work space and proceeded to clecoe the turtle deck in place.  I also clecoed the rear window in place.  I have installed clecoes in every other hole in the turtle deck and rear window so it is securely in place.  Next week I will match drill the roll bar frame to the #40 holes in the rear window.  
 
I also took some pictures from the storage mezzanine.  It is starting to look like an airplane.