Friday, December 10, 2010

Break/Rudder Pedals

 
 
Today I clamped the rubber pedal assembly to the workbench using the phenolic rudder blocks.  I inserted the brake torque tubes into the pedal tubes on the right.  I inserted a brake torque arm into the left rudder pedal tubes to lock rudder arms in place.  I installed the brake cylinders between the attachment points on the rudder tubes and the attachment points on the torque tubes.  Next I slid the brake pedals onto the torque tubes and making sure they were vertical to the work bench, clamped them in place.
 
I then match drilled the holes in the brake pedal tubes into the torque tubes.  I disassembled the brake cylinders, brake pedals and torque tubes and repeated the process for the left side.
I removed the brake cylinders and reassembled the torque tubes and brake pedals.  I need to get some automotive grease for the torque tubes then I can reassemble the whole thing.