Monday, December 13, 2010

Brake Pedals and Master Cylinders

 
 
This morning I assembled the brake pedals and the master brake cylinders.  As part of the system
I put grease on the torque tubes and slid them through the rudder pedal tubes.  I then bolted the rudder foot blocks to the rudder pedals which also holds the brake pedals in place.  I need to put the fittings on the brake lines and install them in the fuselage and attach them to the master cylinders as needed.  I am planning to hold off installing the rudder/brake pedal assembly in the fuselage until the wiring harnesses have been installed through the tunnel and up into the instrument area.
 
This afternoon I put the 90o and 45o fittings in the master cylinders.  I cut the ¼" poly tubing to the proper length for the various connections.  I have the tubing to connect the cylinders together.  The tubing to run from the cylinders to the bid fuselage and the tubing to run from the cylinders to the brake fluid reservoir.  I removed the nuts and sleeves from the fittings and put them on the ends of the tubes.  I will take the tubes home this evening and finish the installation of the ends.  I will need some boiling water to make it happen.  I put tape over the fittings on the cylinders to keep debris out.
I will start to work on the fuel system tomorrow.  This is a picture of the various components that make up part of the fuel system.  The gascolater,  the fuel pump and the fuel flow meter.