Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Final Drilled and Tapped Holes in Roll Bar

 
 
This morning I final drilled the #40 holes in the roll bar to #36.  I then used a 6-32 tap and tapped the remaining holes.  I rolled the fuselage on its side to drill and tap the holes in the top of the roll bar.  Next I will final drill the rear window attachment holes in the turtle deck skins with a #27 drill bit.  Then I need to deburr the edges of the turtle deck skins and they will be ready to prep and paint the interior surface with the interior color.
 
I final drilled the holes in the turtle deck skins for the attachment of the rear window.
 
 
I also started working on the seat backs.  I have gathered the seat back parts and trimmed the corners of the side angles.
 
I used a Scotch Brite wheel to deburr the edges of the turtle deck skins.
I cut apart the back support angles and the seat back top and bottom angles.  I deburred all of the edges and began working on the hinges.  I cut the hinges to length and removed  the center eye from the 2-bottom hinges.  I drilled the hinge location hole in each corner.
 
I need to prep and prime the hinge halves, the supports and angles and the back of each seat.