Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fuel Pump Switch

My plan is to install an on-off switch to in the fuel pump circuit so I can turn the electric fuel pump off when I am updating the SkyView and need the electrical system activated.  Or at other times it might be nice to be able to turn off the pump without pulling the fuse.  Yesterday I emailed OTTTO Manufacturing to ask which switch I should order.  Their sales rep for this area called and said OTTO does not sell individual switches.  He also told me he was coming to Salt Lake City on the 21st.  He said he had a meeting in Spanish Fork.  Of course you go through Pleasant Grove, where my office is located, on your way to Spanish Fork.  He also told me if he happens to have a switch in his sample kit he would drop one off for me.  What a deal.  He called a little later to tell me he has a switch and will drop it off.  I now have the switch.  I took it to the hangar and using some test leads hooked it up to a 12V battery and a test light.  There are 4-terminals on the back of the switch.


After trying several different wiring configurations I finally found how to hook it up so in the on position the test light glows and the green indicator light on the switch glows.  When switched off both light go out.