Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Brake Fluid

Today I filled the brake lines with fluid.  I purchased the fluid several months ago.  Yesterday I purchased some ¼" plastic tubing from Home Depot.  I cut of a 2' piece of tubing and inserted it over the end of the spout on my oil pump can.  I filled the can with fluid, opened the bleeder valve on the brake and attached the tube.  I pumped fluid into the right brake system until it filled the reservoir ½ full.  

I removed the tubing and closed the bleeder.  I attached the tubing to the right brake caliper bleeder valve and pumped fluid into the right brake lines until the reservoir was nearly full.  I closed the bleeder and removed the tubing.  I checked the brakes.  There seems to be good pressure on both pedals on both sides.  It appears to be a success.  The lines are all pink.