Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SUCCESS – Right Wing Retro-Wire

This evening I regrouped and got a fresh start.  I installed a new pull-string several feet longer than the wing.  Then I attached each wire, one-at-a-time.  I left a couple of inches between each attachment point.  This way there was not a large junction point to pull through the snap bushings.  I attached all 3-wires and then the pull-string.  I very carefully pulled the sting through.  When the first wire emerged at the tip I went to the wing root and clamped the end so it could not move any further.  I then disconnected this wire and pulled the next one through.  I repeated the process until all of the wires and pull-string were through.  I tied the pull string around the ground wire at the wing tip and around a pair of lightening holes at the root.  I stripped the ends of the tip wires and crimped on the Molex pins, inserted the pins into the Molex connectors and snapped them together.  I then went to the wing root and hooked up my test battery.  All of the lights work!
Next I attached the floating connector pins to the wires at the wing root.  I inserted the connector pins into the floating connector and attached it to the wing root.  
I checked the lights again with the test battery.  They Work!   
I primed the wing electrical brackets and using the wing electrical template, drilled the holes in the seat pan.  I also tapped the brackets for the 8-32 screws.  I installed the electrical brackets to the seat pans using locktite on the treads of the screws.
We replaced the right wing on the wing rack and put the left wing on the saw horses.  I removed the tip light and the wing root connections.  I also pulled a new pull-string into the wing with the WH-B212 wire.  I am ready to pull in the new wires  and re-pull the WH-B212 wire.