Monday, May 7, 2012

Start Section 31A Rewire Wing Electrical Connection

 This evening I started the revision to the wing electrical connection  and lighting option.  I set up the garage so I can have the wing accessible.  I will work on one wing at a time.  For the next few days, until I am finished with the rewiring, we will park Arlene's car on the driveway.  Arlene helped me put the right wing on saw horses.  I then removed the electrical connection from the root rib.  I cut off the ring terminals as directed.  I found it very difficult to remove the snap bushing, but I finally got it out.
 I taped 3-washers together and attached the wing template to the root rib.  I drilled the 1st #30 hole and loosened the template so I could slip the taped washers in place and install a cleco.  I then drilled the remaining holes.  I deburred the edges of the doubler plates and primed them.  Next I will install the doubler plates and standoffs and then fabricate and pull the new  strobe power and sync wires into the wing.  I will need to use one of the existing wires to pull in a new pull string.  It should not be too hard to get everything done on the right wing, then I can do the left.