Saturday, May 12, 2012

Left Wing Retro-Wiring

I completed the wiring of the left wing this evening.  Everything started out really well.  I was able to use one of the existing wingtip wires to pull in a new pull-string.  I pulled 2-new wires and re-pulled the existing wire to the tip. I lost the new pull-string as I was pulling it into the tip.  I decided I would not have a pull-string in the left wing.   As I was in the process of working on the wires at the root, I pulled one of the wires out of the tip.  I was unable to find it and so I had to start over.  I used a wire to pull in a new string into the wing and re-pulled the wires.  Once again, I lost the new pull-string at the very end so I decided again not to have one.   I also pulled in the 1/16" tubing for the AOA from the wing root to the access panel location next to the stall warning device.  I removed the access panel from the wing and pulled the tubing to that point.
I installed the Molex pins on the tip wires and the Nav/Strobe light fixture.  I snapped the Molex connector together and using the battery checked the circuits.  The lights work perfectly.
I continued to install the pins on the wires at the wing root.  I installed the pins into the connector and then attached the connector to the wing.
I finished up the wiring and reattached the fixture to the tip and reinstalled the access panel at the stall warning vane.  I left the tubing coiled inside the wing.  I will install the AOA port in the future.