Friday, January 14, 2011

Repaint Map Box Interior

Early this morning I scuffed up the interior of the map box with a Scotch Brite pad.  Also the inside of the door and the hinge halves.  I re-sprayed them with the Rustoleum "Hammered" black finish.  They look pretty good at this point.  
I also used a file to adjust the camlock fixture so it will fit better.  When I attempted to make the camlock work with the map box clecoed to the instrument panel it took an extreme effort to lock the map box door.  Now that I have filed the fixed part of the lock it should work just fine.  If not I can always purchase another camlock and work on it until it fits properly.
 
 
This afternoon I riveted the map box to the instrument panel.  It all went together very well.  I used flush blind rivets where it was not possible to use the rivet squeezer  All of the rivets set very nicely.  I will use some Bondo to fill the holes in the blind rivets before I paint the right instrument panel.  Next week I will begin to work on the center section of the instrument panel and make an effort to paint them.