Friday, January 21, 2011

Assemble Instrument Panel

 
 
This morning I riveted the map box door to the map box.  I have given the camlock to Brian Baker who is going to have it chromed.  The part that is installed into the map box door will be chromed.  Because of the issue with the Garmin 496 and very likely the Garmin transponder there is no reason for me to continue to work on the instrument panel.  The next and last section of the fuselage build is to rivet the center section of the instrument panel to the instrument shelf and instrument stack support angles.  It makes no sense to me to continue to work on the center section of the panel if it will need to be redesigned and replaced.  I have clecoed all 3-sections of the instrument panel in place.  The right section is painted of course, but the other 2-sections are unfinished.
 
I will now need to wait for the next kit before I can continue with the build.  In the mean time I will begin prepping the interior for paint.  I have ordered the interior finish kit which includes carpet, sidewall covers and a rear bulkhead cover.  I will only paint those areas in the cockpit that will not be covered by the interior finish package.