Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Canopy Ribs

 
This morning I riveted the canopy attachment rib doublers, the canopy strut support angles and the nut plates to the left canopy rib.
 
I finished installing nutplates on the right canopy rib and the instrument stack angles.  The next step is to work on the instrument shelf.
This afternoon I began working on the instrument shelf.  I dimpled and riveted the nutplates to the web of the shelf.  I riveted the nutplates to the aft flange of the instrument shelf.
I clecoed the instrument shelf to the upper firewall and match drilled the edges of the shelf to the longerons. 
 
I clecoed the ribs in place and match drilled the canopy strut support angles. I then final drilled the engine mounts and riveted them to the shelf.  I also riveted the instrument support stack and instrument wiring angles to the instrument shelf.
I clecoed the instrument shelf to the longerons and upper firewall.