Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Map Box Assembly

 
This morning I drilled one half of the map box door hinge to match the map box floor.  I clecoed the hinge in place and clamped the door to the hinge.  I marked the other half of the door hinge to match the map box floor and drilled.  I then clamped the door to the hinge and drilled two holes.  I clecoed the hinge to the door and the map box floor to make sure it fits properly.  It all fits together as planned.  I also drilled the hole in the top of the door for the camlock.  I finished drilling the door and hinge and checked again for the proper fit.  All of the parts are fitting together as expected.  I will need to deburr all of the edges of the map box components and round the corners of the door.  I will also need to drill the camlock hole in the instrument panel and set the camlock.  Before I assemble the map box I want to paint the interior.

 
I match drilled the hole for the camlock in the instrument panel and top flange of the top half of the map box.  Next I disassembled the components and prepped them for priming.

 
 
I primed the parts so that I can finish paint the inside of the map box and the inside of the map box door.  I will also finish paint the hinge.  I primed some blind rivets that I will use to attach the door hinge to the floor of the map box.