Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Battery Bracket/Canopy Strut Angles/Instrument Stack Angles

 
This morning I started to work on the upper fuselage/instrument shelf area.  I also installed nutplates on the battery bracket angles and countersunk the angles for the flush rivets to be installed during the assembly of the oil tank/battery bracket.  I separated the instrument panel attach strips.

 
I have marked the angle material to make the canopy strut supports.  They need to be cut to length and drilled and countersunk and a nutplate attached to each angle.  I will also begin countersinking and attaching nutplates to the instrument stack support angles.
 
 
 
This afternoon I fabricated the canopy strut support angels.  I cut them to length, drilled the holes and countersunk the appropriate holes for the nut plates.  I also countersunk the instrument area rib flanges and dimpled the screw holes and countersunk the reinforcement plates.
 
I clecoed the parts together and final drilled the ¼" holes in the canopy support angles, ribs and doublers.  I also countersunk the nutplate holes in the instrument stack support angles.