Monday, February 24, 2014

It's Starting To Look Like An Airplane

Today I was at the hangar to do some cleaning and re-arranging in preparation for a meeting with the Airport Director and the Airport Fire Marshall.  I move some tables and rearranged some of the equipment since the wings are on the airplane and the wing rack is empty.  South Valley Regional offers 100LL and Jet A fuel only.  No auto gas.  In order to fuel the airplane I had to have the proper equipment and demonstrate the proper way to fuel the airplane.  Before they arrived I took some photos.

To be certified I had to show how to fuel the airplane.  I pulled it out to the taxi line.  I retrieved the fire extinguisher from the hangar and put it next to the RV-12.  I put the fuel cans next to the airplane and attached the ground wire, one end to the fuel can and one end to the gas can.  After asking a few questions the Airport Fire Marshall signed my application and told me I have been certified to fuel my own airplane.  I need to go to the badging office at Salt Lake International and have them put a fueling icon on my airport security badge.