Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Brake Lines and Fuel Tank to Hangar

I found some more air bubbles in the brake lines.  Today Tim and I pumped in more brake fluid and pushed the bubbles around.  He tapped on the toe brakes and tapped on the master cylinders as I pumped fluid into the system.  Of course we  did that after extracting brake fluid from the reservoir so it wouldn't over flow.  After working on it for a while the bubbles disappeared.  I don't know what happened to them.  We'll wait and see.  All I know is the brake pedals are firm, no sponginess and no leaks.  We put all of the brake fluid, oil pump and big syringe away and left the fuel tank on the work table.  
I put the rear window on the wing rack with some wire hooks.  I also hung a picture of Frank Lloyd Write's 'Falling Waters' on the hangar wall.