Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fuel Tank, Turtle Decks and Fuel Cans

Today I worked on several different items.  I prepped the fuel tank and installed it in the fuselage.  
After it was bolted in place I connected the new fuel vent to the tank fitting.  I also attached the fuel line and the fuel return line to the bottom of the tank.  I also reinstalled the ELT back onto the bracket behind the co-pilot position.
After installing the fuel tank I attached the turtle deck pieces to the fuselage.  They are ready to be riveted in place.    
I attached the experimental placard to the baggage are rear bulkhead.  
I also laid out the location of the hole in the fuel tank fitting access panel.  I drilled the panel with a 1" hole saw and installed the grommet I modified earlier.  After certification I am going to put the drain I fabricated under the tank.  I will require cutting, installing a fitting and flaring the fuel line to make the connection.
I turned my attention to my fuel cans.  I have 2-5 gallon fuel cans I am planning to use for self-fueling of the airplane.  This is a picture of the cans with the flexible spouts installed.  I also have the ground cable and the Mr. Fuel filter.  I need to file my self-fueling request with the Airport Authority.