Saturday, February 8, 2014

Air Test Fuel Tank

Today I went to the hangar to retrieve the fuel tank.  I want to do the air pressure test in my shop at home.  I gathered together the parts necessary to perform the test.  I brought everything home and proceeded to prep the tank for the test.  I put a cap on the new vent fitting installed next to the filler inlet.  I also put a cap inside of the rubber connection hose on the tank filler neck fitting and tightened the clamps.  I attached the air valve tube to the return fuel fitting on the bottom of the tank.  
I then attached a balloon to the fuel fitting on the bottom of the tank. 
I used a bicycle tire pipe to pump air into the tank.  I pumped in air until the balloon inflated.  I marked the time and date on the balloon and the test began.  I will check it later on.
I checked the balloon a couple of hours later and it is still inflated.  I am taking that to be a good sign.

I also found air in the brake lines once again.  I will get Tim to help me get it out once and for all.