Friday, January 3, 2014

Started Fuel Tank Modifications

The Moller fuel gauge arrived.  I started to make preparations to install the gauge in the tank.  I marked the location of the gauge on the tank top.  I am also going to install the new fuel tank vent and the Service Bulletin for the tank corner reinforcements.  I started to work on the fuel gauge installation.  I cut  out an aluminum disk and laid out the opening for the fuel gauge.
This will make a reinforcing back-up plate inside of the fuel tank.  I decided to install nut plates on the reinforcing ring.  I laid out the holes to mount the fuel gauge and then used my layout tool to drill the nut plate rivet holes.  I countersunk the holes and deburred the ring.  I also put a notch on the forward edge of the reinforcement ring and labeled the top.