Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Platforms, Ramps and Fuel Tank

Today I fabricated some 2" high platforms and some ramps.  The platforms are to go under the main gear during the Production Acceptance Procedures.  Also, the airplane main gear will be on the platforms during the weight and balance calculations and set-up.  The platforms have ramps built into them so they are an integral unit.  I made the platforms large enough for the scales to site on them.  I also made short ramps to be used to roll the nose and main gear onto the scales.
Yesterday I ordered the Moller mechanical fuel gauge for the fuel tank.  It should be delivered next week.  I ordered the gauge, the fasteners to install the gauge and 2-Pro-Seal 1 oz kits.   I have 1-Pro-seal kit but I am sure I will need more to install the fuel, the new vent and seal I n the rear window.  While at the hangar today I cut a piece of plastic and put it over the small table with books and documents on it.  I don't want any water dripping on the documents or loose leaf notebooks.   I also marked the top of the fuel tank with the location of the Moller fuel gauge and the location of the new fuel tank vent fitting. I will drill these holes next week.  First I will need to remove the sender plate on the forward end of the tank.