Friday, September 27, 2013

Cooling System Installation Continues

Today I installed the radiator, hoses and started the installation of the cabin heat control knob.  I installed the radiator to the firewall and cooler box frame.  I bolted it in place and then installed the face frame seal and caulked it in place.
I installed the radiator input and output hoses.  I attached them to the radiator, the expansion tank and the outlet at the rear of the engine.  I clamped the lower output hose to the nose gear with a cushioned clamp as shown in the drawings.
I installed the cabin heat control knob on the instrument panel and routed the cable through the firewall grommet and down through the engine compartment.  I begin installing the cushioned clamps to hold the cable to the engine mount tubing.  It is going to be very difficult to install the cushioned clamps to the tubing on the right side of the engine.  I have the clamps in place and a bolt through the clamps but I am having a hard time getting a nut started.  I had to quit for the day, but I  will be back on Monday!