Thursday, October 21, 2010

Step Support Angles and Nutplates

This morning I separated the step support angles and nutplate brackets.  I cut the angles to length by separating them at the indicated hole.  I cut 2-angles down to 1" in width.  I also used the micro countersink to prep the brackets for the installation of the nutplates.  I then deburred the edges and installed the nutplates.  I clecoed the seat support angles to the seat ribs and match drilled the #30  holes in seat rib bulkhead to the seat support angle 
After match drilling the #30 holes into the support angles I final drilled the ¼" hole in the outboard bottom support angle and temporarily attached the steps.  I then matched drilled the ¼" hole at the top of the step attachment point.
I removed the steps from the bulkhead and removed the bulkhead from the ribs.  With the support angles attached I inserted a bolt in the nutplate bracket and then clamped the bracket to the support angle attached to the bulkhead.  I match drilled the holes in all 4- brackets.   
I then primed the support angles and the nutplate brackets.
I riveted the support angles and nutplate brackets and bulkhead to the ribs.  I set the step floors in place for reference.