Thursday, October 28, 2010

Install Rear Baggage Bulkhead & Servo Brackets

 
 
Today I finished riveting the left step floor in place.  I then prepped the rear baggage bulkhead for installation.  I deburred the edges and the lightening holes and dimpled the upper edge for the nutplates.  I then dimpled the nutplates and riveted them in place.
 
 
I separated the auto pilot servo brackets and along with the facet pump mounting bracket prepped the parts for priming.  I then primed them.
I  riveted the rear bulkhead and servo brackets in place and installed the snap bushings.
I clecoed the facet pump bracket in place and final drilled the 4-corner holes.  I then prepped and riveted the nutplates to the inside of the bracket and then riveted it in place on the bottom skin of the fuselage.
I inserted the machine screws through the bottom skin for the system blocks and started the nuts onto the bolts.  I will need some assistance in tightening the lock nuts all of the way onto the screws.