Thursday, October 7, 2010

Primed Bottom Skin Doublers and Support Angles

This morning I deburred the edges of the support angles and bottom skin doublers.  I then prepped the parts for priming with a Scotch Brite pad.  I then primed the parts.  
This morning I talked with Mike from Cleaveland Tool.  He received my rivet squeezer this morning and disassembled it.  He said there were a lot of damaged parts inside.  He asked me if I had attempted to squeeze any rivets larger than 1/8".  I told him the largest rivets in the RV-12 kit are 1/8" and I have not attempted to squeeze anything larger.  He said it is possible that one of the internal parts had a sharp edge from casting and that it did some damage over time which led to the total malfunction of the squeezer.  I told Mike once again that it has been acting up for more than a month and that I should have contacted them earlier.  He said it is repaired and that they will send it right back.  If it happens again, they will replace the tool.
I assembled the step ribs and bulkhead just to see how they fit.  I am pretty well stuck until the rivet squeezer is returned.