Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Set Rivets on Seat Bulkhead and Brackets


My rivet squeezer, the "Main Squeeze" arrived yesterday.  It was repaired and returned by Cleaveland Aircraft Tools.  I am glad to have it back.  I had to file the hole in the 3" yoke to get the ram to pass through without hanging up.   I installed the yoke and squeezed the rivets on the control column brackets.  They are supposed to be flush on both sides.  They are not quite flush on the manufactured head side, but I'm sure there will not be any interference with the control column when the washers have been installed.

I set the rivets on the lower flanges on the bulkhead.  I also squeezed 2-rivets on each of the forward stub spar receptacles.  I also pulled the rivets on the bulkhead doublers.  I still need to squeeze the rivets attaching these doublers to the stub spar receptacles and the bulkhead.  And squeeze the rivets holding these doublers together.