Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Step Ribs and Bulkhead


This morning (I find it a good time to arrive at work at 6:30 am and spend an hour working on the RV-12) I discovered I did not countersink 8-rivet holes in the seat bulkhead.  I clamped the bulkhead to the work bench and proceeded to countersink the 8-#40 holes for the nutplates attached to the bulkhead and control column brackets.  I also clecoed the control column brackets to the seat bulkhead and sat the control column in place.  It looks like things are fitting together just fine.

Next I prepped the step ribs and bulkhead for priming.  I used a Scotch Brite pad to deburr the edges and lightening holes and then prepped all of the surfaces.  They are ready to be primed.
The last thing I did this morning was separate on the band saw the doublers and reinforcing angles for the bottom of the fuselage.  I still need to finish removing the blue film and prep these parts for priming.