Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Installed Fuselage Corner Skins and Bottom Skin

This morning I started turning the fuselage upside down.  After doing so I inserted the snap bushings into the various holes in the various bulkheads.  I then clecoed the corner skins onto the bottom of the fuselage.
After clecoing the corner skins in place I riveted them together and riveted them to the appropriate bulkhead.
I began to prep the fuselage bottom skin for installation.  I placed it on a work bench and dimpled the nutplate attachment holes at each of the access openings.  I also deburred the edges of the skin and the edges of the access openings.  
I used the Cleaveland edge tool to break the long side edges of the bottom skin.
After deburring and breaking the edges I riveted the nutplates in place and began  to cleco the bottom skin to the fuselage.