Thursday, October 18, 2012

Future Modifications

I worked on 2-future mods for the RV-12.  One is the installation of a parking brake.  I went to MATCO in Bountiful and purchased their PVPV-D park brake valve.  It will be installed in the brake lines going to the control tunnel.  I used the drill template used to make for installing the Skyview changes to make the mounting  bracket.  I drilled the various holes and used the counter sink to prep the bracket for riveting on the nutplates on each end.  I will bend the bracket on our break in the shop at work.  I am planning to remove the cushioned clamp holding the brake lines in the tunnel.  I will use the fastener hole to attach one side of the park brake mounting bracket.  I will need to drill an additional hole for the attachment of the other end.  I have ordered the 45o fittings to connect the poly brake lines on each end of the valve.  I have also order the bolts and nuts to attach the valve body to the mounting bracket. 

I have ordered a universal light cable from McFarlane to control the park brake.  I also ordered a black knob with the words PARK BRAKE.  I have some thoughts about where to install the control on the instrument panel.  I will make the final determination when I am ready to make the installation.
I also put the ends on the 1/16" tubing for the AOA.  They are connected as the wings are installed.  I will drill the wing and install the AOA port after certification.