Saturday, May 21, 2011

Tailcone Fairing to Tailcone

 
This evening it was not raining.  It is the first night since last Saturday that it has not rained.  It has
also been really cold.  The rain has been so bad on some evenings that I have had to pump the water out of the driveway.  I have not wanted to work in the cold or rain so nothing was done this past week.  However, this evening the weather is fine.  It has been good all day.  I move Arlene's car out of the garage, parked the truck to the side and pushed the work table with the fuselage outside.  With the fuselage outside I am able to attach the vertical stabilizer and rudder.  I put these on the tailcone and then clecoed the tailcone fairing in place.
 
Next I drilled the attachment holes into the tailcone and clecoed them as I drilled.  I have the minimum 1/8th inch clearance required between the fairing and the rudder.  The next step will be to install the nutplates on the tailcone.  I removed the fairing and the vertical stab and returned the fuselage to the garage for the night.