Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flap Handle, Tailcone Fairing and Flaperon Mixer Bellcrank

 
This afternoon I started to work on the flap handle and the flaperon mixer bellcrank.  I separated the bellcrank halves and pulled out the bearings.  I also found the flap handle pushrod and the bearing that attaches to the end of the pushrod.  I prepped and primed the bellcrank halves and the flap handle.
 
I also deburred the inside of the flap handle so when the interior push rod and button are installed it will fit and work properly.  While the primer was drying I final drilled the holes in the tailcone fairing and finished cutting the slot in the rear of the fairing.  I sanded the edges smooth and then used the screws and attached the fairing to the tailcone.  It fits.

 
 
I then prepped the ends of the spar tubes that were damaged when I ground them down to make the magnets work.  I painted the ends of the spar tubes and the flap handle with black hammertone paint.
 
Next I riveted the bearings to the mixer bellcrank halves and screwed the bearing into the end of the flap handle pushrod.