Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Brake Lines and Cockpit Light


 
 
I installed the brake fluid reservoir and installed the brake lines to the reservoir.  It was pretty straight forward.  I bolted the reservoir to the plate nuts on the firewall.  I then installed the nylon connection fitting to the reservoir using thread dope.  I then inserted the brake lines into the nylon fittings.  I discovered that the brake lines were supposed to be behind the wire bundle going through the instrument shelf.  The brake lines were in front of the wires.  I disconnected the lines at the reservoir and routed them behind the wires and then reattached them to the reservoir.  I had to disconnect 2-lines from the brake pedals and reroute them behind the wires.  After doing so I put a cushioned clamp over the brake lines and using an aluminum bushing, attached the clamp to the bottom of the instrument shelf.
 
After completing the installation of the brake reservoir and the brake lines I decided to install the cockpit light.  It is located above and behind the passenger seat.  It is riveted to the light bracket and then the wires are connected with a butt splice connection.  I have not connected the wires yet.  I will do that in the next couple of days.