Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spar Pins, Flap Handle and Flap Handle Mounting Blocks

 
 
 
This morning I had a few moments to kill so I went down to the shop and installed the pushrod on the flap handle.  I also marked and cut the flap handle mounting blocks.   
 
I finished by reassembling the spar pins.
 
This evening turned the fuselage back on its side again.  I installed the flap handle and pushrod assembly in the fuselage.  It fits between the center ribs under the seats.  It was pretty tough getting everything lined up and the bolts started.  The quarters are pretty tight.  I ended up using a box wrench to tighten the bolts.  It was about 1/8th of a turn at a time.
 
I also installed the flaperon bellcrank halves.  I used super glue to hold the washer on the mixer arm.  I was able to get the bolt through all of the bearings and into the mixer arm nutplate.  I was pretty excited about that.  Things are slowly coming together.