Friday, May 6, 2011

Static Line, Wiring & Rudder Pedals

 
Tonight I continued to work on the cockpit interior.  I cut the static line (plastic tubing) to length and installed the fitting on the end.  I also installed the rudder pedals.  I am not sure if it was a good idea to wait until the wiring was installed or not.  I have read in the forum that it is a major pain to route the wiring over the top of the rudder pedals.  Some have suggested that you install the pedals after the wiring, which is what I did, but it was not very easy to get them in.  The working space is pretty limited and with the control sticks hitting me in the back, it was not too comfortable.  I also prepped and installed the wire raceway bracket above the rudder pedals.  That was also a challenge.
 
After installing the rudder pedals and wire raceway bracket I installed the 3-wiring and tubing block tops in the center tunnel.  The wiring seemed to be going everywhere, but after installing the blocks it cleaned things up a lot.  I also used wire ties to bundle the wiring in the forward section of the tunnel.  I pulled loose wires forward and up to the instrument shelf.  I will probably have a lot of extra wire on the instrument shelf, but I will worry about that when the time comes to install everything in that location.  In the mean time, the wiring tunnel looks pretty good and it feels like I am making some progress.