Friday, September 24, 2010

Seat Ribs Center Sections

This morning I dimpled, used the countersink and prepped then primed the crotch belt brackets.
I then proceeded to assemble the seat rib center sections.  I riveted the pulley bracket assembly to the right seat ribs.
I began to install the flaperon mixer assembly.  At that point I realized I needed to install the auto-pilot servo doubler between the mixer assembly and the seat rib.  I cut out the area between the rectangular holes in the seat rib and prepped and primed the edges of the opening.  I also drilled out the lower rivet in the sloped flange of the seat rib because it interferes with the screw that will be installed in the corner hole of the servo bracket doubler.  I then clecoed the servo doubler to the rib and match drilled the #30 and #12 holes.  I separated and deburred the parts then riveted the doubler to the seat rib.
I riveted the doubler to the aft intercostals and then clecoed and riveted the rib to the flaperon mixer assembly.
I then riveted the called out nutplates to the crotch strap brackets.
Next I clecoed the crotch strap brackets to the seat ribs and riveted them in place.
I put the floors over the ribs and set them in place in front of the center/baggage section of the fuselage.  It is beginning to take shape.